Monday, December 5, 2011
Date : 25th December 2011 to 5th January 2012.
Six Groups : Each Group Seven Days Trek - (25-12-11 to 05-01-12) First Group will report on 25-12-11 and Sixth group will report on 30-12-11
Camp Duration: 6 Nights & 7 days
PARTICIPATION FEES: Member Rs.3,900, Non-Member Rs.4,000, The fee includes simple vegetarian food, accommodation, supervision, expert guidance and equipment for 7 days.
REPORTING : All participants will report at Lunch time at base camp on the reporting date allotted to them.
HOW TO REACH BASE CAMP : Our base camp is situated near Kodaikanal bus stand.
- International Youth Hostel Manali :International Youth Hostel at Manali is located at Prini, Manali-Naggar Highway and is 2।9 km away from the main Bus/Taxi Stand, Manali and 50 kms away from the nearest Airport i.e. Kullu (Bhuntar). It offers you not only a very panoramic view of the snow capped hills but also very comfortable and quite stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city with very good facilities.
- Summer Programs for 2012
- National Himalayan Trekking Expedition Summer Programme 2012
- Sarpass 01 May to 02 Jun 2012
- Sar Kundi Pass 25th April to 25th May 2012
- Nature Study Dobhi 29th April to 31st May, 2012
- Nature Study Dalhousie 21st April, 26th April। 1st May, 6th May, 11th May, 16th May, 21st May, 26th May, 2012
- Family Adventure Camping 24th April, 29th April, 4th May, 9th May, 14th May, 19th May, 24th May, 29th May, 3rd June and 8th June, 2012
- Mountain Biking Expedition – Jalori Pass 24th April, 28th April, 2nd May, 6th May, 10th May, 14th May, 18th May, 22nd May, 26th May, 30th May and 5th June, 2012
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Date : 28th August 2011; SUNDAY at 2.00 PM to 5.00PM , Reporing at Madhi (Start Point of Boat journey of Kabirvad) at 01.30 PM sharp. All volunters are requested to remain present there.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
- YOUTH HOSTEL ASSOCIATION OF INDIA - BHARUCH UNIT - (027 - GUJ- 42) GUJARAT STATE BRANCH
- Himalayan Trekking Expedition - 2011 Valley Of Flower with Hemkund and Badrinath Trek
- Date 23rd July to 6th August 2011Organised By : YHAI UP State Branch.
- Place : Valley of Flower, Hemkund Saheb, Shri Badrinath, Man village, Vasudhara Fall etc.
- Duration : 10 Day & 11 Night. Date : 23rd July to 6th August 2011( Daily one Batch)
- Reporting at : Rishikesh. Fees : Rs. 5300/- Participant. ( All inclusive)
- For Detail : upyhai.blogspot.com For Booking & Queries : Mr. Vijay Jaiswal: 09412547051.
- 10 members from YHAI Bharuch unit are going for Valley of flower trek as reporting date : 4th August. (1.Thacker Hiren A, 2.Makwana Ketan N, 3.Jani Pratik J, 4.Majithia Devang M, 5.Ratanapara Kishan S, 6.Mer Jaydeep K, 7.Mer Manisha J, 8.Radadiya Sandip R, 9.Radadiya Parul S, 10.Makwana Gaurav) 02 members from YHAI Bharuch unit are going for Valley of flower trek as reporting date : 24th July. ( Mr. Dr. TOLUCHURI SHANKER RAO & TOLUCHURI SHALINI RAO)
Thursday, May 12, 2011
From 23rd April to 2nd May 2011.
"Take nothing but memories and photographs, leave nothing but footprints".
Dear Trekkers, YHAI BHARUCH UNIT successfully completed it's totaly New "Costal Orissa & West Bengal Family camping" from 23rd April to 2nd may 2011. ( Total 10 day)
Total 36 Nos. of participant (13 Family) from Bharuch, Vadodara, Surat and Anumala-Vyara, in the age group of 4 year to 59 year had participatef in this Family Camping.
Participant visited Puri local & Lord Jaganath Templ, Konark, Chandrabhaga Beach,Chilika lake with Dolphin watching( 3 Hrs. Boating), Bhuvneshwar Local : Lingraj temple- Rajarani Temple- State Museum etc., Raghurajpur( Heritage village of Artist), Sakhi Gopal, Pipli ( Local Handikraft village), Dhauli Hill etc. in ORISSA and Ganga Sagar and Kolkata local city tour in West Bengal.
Total Cost : Rs. 5900/- participant (Which includes SL class Rly reservation of Bharuch to Puri, Bhuvneshwar to Howrah & Howrah to Bharuch + Hotel Stay of 5 Night + All 6 day AC. transportation for sight seeing + All food, Boating in Chilika Lake, All Entry fee of monuments, Park etc. and all transfer)
Sunday, March 13, 2011
KULLU/MANALI – KHARDUNG LA MOUNTAIN BIKING EXPEDITION (WOMEN ONLY) : First time in the history of YHAI, we announce 1st Mountain Biking Expedition Kullu/Manali – Khardung La ( Ladakh) Exclusively for Women.
100 women cyclists will undertake about 600 kms with world’s most hazardous and difficult terrain on Mountain Bikes starting from August, 11 from Kullu – Manali to Leh – Khardung La.. They will cover this distance in 18 days climbing Rohtang Pass (13,051 ft. ht.) (3978mtr.), Bara Lacha Pass (16,040 ft. ht.) (4890 mtr), Lachung La Pass ( 16,600 ft. ht.) (5059 mtr.) and Tanglang La Pass ( 17,582 ft.ht.) (5359 mtr.) and finally to Khardung La Pass (5,602 m) (18,380 feet) via Leh (Laddakh).
ROUTE: Kullu-Manali – Solang Nala-Marhi-Rohtang Pass-Sishu-Jispa-Zing Zing Bar-Sarchu-Whisky Nala-Pang- Debring-Rumtse-Choglamsar-Leh – South Pullu – Khardungla Pass-Leh .The actual route may change depending upon geographical, social and environmental conditions.
Duration: 17-19 days. : Participants will reach at Base Camp, Seobagh, Kullu. After concluding the expedition, they will leave from Leh
How to reach Base Camp at Seobagh,Kullu-Manali : Kullu-Manali is well connected from Delhi, Chandigarh & Pathankot by Bus, Train & Air. Nearest Railway station is Chandigarh & the nearest Airport is Bhuntar(Kullu). The base camp at Youth Hostel Seobagh is 3 km from
Kullu bus stand on left bank, near Jairu Mineral Water Plant. Tel. no. +91-1902-230113
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
- Family Camping by Youth Hostel Leh at Leh Town. (By YHAI BHARUCH UNIT -Gujarat)
- The family camping package Rs. 5,600=00 per familty for 4 nights and five days.
- Breakfast and Dinner will be provided all 4 days, on firth day only Tea/Cofee and Break fast will be given, at 9.30 am the group breaks.
- Family - Husband Wife and two children of any age.
- The probable Schedule for maximum 5 families at a given date is hereunder.
0. 25/05/2011,1. 1/06/2011,2. 08/06/2011, 3. 15/06/2011, 4. 22/06/2011,
5. 29/06/2011, 6. 06/07/2011, 7. 13/07/2011, 8. 20/07/2011, 9. 27/072011, 10. 03/08/2011, 11. 10/082011, 12. 17/08/2011, 13. 24/082011, 14. 31/082011,15. 07/09/2011, 16. 14/09/2011, 17. 21/09/2011,18. 28/09/2011.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Revised YHAI Bharuch Unit Southern ORISSA Family Camping
Date : 23rd April to 2nd May 2010 (10 Day) Bharuch to Bharuch
YHAI Bharuch Unit - 027-GUJ-042 (Gujarat State) is organising Unit level Family Adventure Camping in the various places of India & Nepal since few Years. On a popular demand from our members we are ones again organising a New Route "Southern Orissa" (Costal Part) as a Family camping for the benifit of our members who are not in a position to participate in the trekking but would like to be the part of adventure along with families and friends.
In Association with : Mr. Manojkumar Sahu- YHAI Chhatrapur, New Youth hostel - Gopalpur on Sea, Youth Hostel Puri & YHAI Bherhampur Unit.
Who can Participate : A family consists of husband, wife and 1/2/3 children of any age. A single person does not constitute a family and shall not be registered for this camp.
Participation Fee : will be decided after total No of participant registered for the camping. Railway reservation is to be done by participating famillies,We will provide Night stay in dormatary or Family Room, All foods , all Internal Transportation from Berhampur to Puru with all sight seeing.( Excluding of All Entrey, Monuments fee etc.)
Reporting Date : 23rd May 2010. with 40 participant From Bharuch.
Duration : The duration of the camp is 10 days & 09 Night. from Bharuch to Bharuch or 06 days & 5 Night from Bherhampur to Puri.
Where To Report : From Ahmedabad,Vadodara, Bharuch & Surat in Train No. 12844-Ahmedabad Puri Express on 23.04.2010 or New Youth Hostel - Bherhampur on 25.04.2010 morning.
GOPALPUR-ON-SEA: Melancholy and Salubrious Sea beach with blue waters and attractive back water bed in the form of cracks and sleepy lagoon covered with canopies of lush green foliage.BERHAMPUR : Berhampur, other wisely known as Silk City is the third largest populated, commercial and academic city of Orissa. Being located on N.H- 5 and S.E Railways.
CHILIKA (RAMBHA) : Nestling in the heart of coastal Orissa, Chilika is India’s biggest inland lake. Spread over 1,100 square kilometers,joins the Bay of Bengal through narrow mouth, forming an enormous lagoon of brackish water. Dotted with many emerald green islands,Chilika is home to a rich variety of aquatic fauna.It is also a sanctuary and winter resort for migratory birds.
PURI : Puri is a land of temples, examples of a religious architechture. A synthesis of the inherent aesthetic sense of the Puri's people and the values of the religious sects and cults.Exquisite temples superb monuments , inviting beaches, natural landscape. Puri, the best ancient and modern India, whose people share a strong sence of holiness, a sence of belonging with their beautiful land and their enduring links with the past. Puri offers tourists the rare oppurtunity of witnessing the colorful sunrise and sunset on the same beach on its golden sands.
Konark : This world famous Sun temple is situated on a lonely sea shore of the Bay of Bengal and is 20 kilometers north-east of the holy city of Puri. Standing on the desolate sand-dunes this famous temple is remote, grime and desolate.
Pipli : The village of Pipli , 40 kms. from Puri , is the site of beautiful applique work, created by artists, quite a few of whom have won national awards for their crafts.
SAKSHIGOPAL: Sakhigopal is 20 km from puri is famous for Radha Krushna temple .
RAGHURAJPUR : The artists' village of Raghurajpur , 16 km from Puri , is famous for its Pattachitras created by traditional chitrakaras
Suggested programme :
0 Day (23/04/2010) : Dep. by Train No 12844-Ahmedabad Puri Exp. from Ahmedabad, Bharuch etc.
00 Day (24/04/2010) : Train Journey
1st Day(25/04/2011) : Arrival at Berhampur rly station, & all are shifted to Gopalpur (16km) - famous beach resort of India. Night stay at Gopalpur youth hostel
2nd Day (26.04.2011) : Passes through a local fisherman village ARYAPALLI on Bay of Bengal, TAMPARA, POTTAAGAD, NIRMAL-JHAAR, INS CHILIKA etc. Night stay Barakul OTDC PANTHANIWAS.
3rd Day (27/04/2011): A journey to chilika, explore the divings of eriwadi dolphins on chilika basin, evening at konark temple & proceed to PURI and Night stay at YOUTH Hostel PURI.
4th Day(28/04/2011): Explore to Bhubaneswar, lingaraj temple, khandagir, Dhaulagiri, chandrabhaga, sakhieegopal, pipili etc. Night stay at YOUTH Hostel PURI.
5th Day(29/04/2011): A trip to southern India's most eco-biodiveristy park NANDANKANAN.(Full Day) Night stay at YOUTH Hostel Puri.
6th Day(30/04/2011) : Local sightseeing at PURI, temple and sea beach and for jagaanath darshan on morning, lunch at world biggest open canteen Anand bazaar mahaprahu’s mahaprasad, finally some spiritual marketing and At last on 5.30 pm good bye to southern Orissa trip. by Train No. 12843- Puri Ahmedabad Exp.
For any other information & registration of the Family Camping : Contact YHAI Bharuch Unit.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Greetings from Youth Hostels Association of India (YHA). This is in reference to Announcement for Contribution on The Leh Flood Relief Fund made by YHAI on 28th October 2010. YHAI is pleased to receive the support of the following towards the YHAI Leh Flood Relief Fund. Your contribution will help in the construction of a Primary and Middle Government School building at Leh which was badly damaged due to mud slides during flash floods. YHAI is thankful for your kind contribution towards this noble cause. The following have contributed as follows –