YHAI BHARUCH UNIT ONE DAY TREK on 24th OCTOBER 2015 - SUNDAY
DEVGHAT ECO CAMP – UMARPADA
· Dear trekkers,
· We have now decided to take you all on a trail to a place which is one of the best monsoon trek. We are going to DEVGHAT ECO CAMP near Umarpad ( Surat Dist.) this time and we are taking you with us!
· To connect with the Nature in its purest form & on a popular demand from our Youth hostels members, We YHAI - BHARUCH UNIT is Organising a ONE DAY TREK AT DEVGHAT Eco Camp site located near Umarpada in Surat district. In the dense and beautiful forest of Saputara range. Come and see What lies beyond the hill, peep into the unseen and have a feel of Trekking activities, Bird watching, know the trees, Dip in to water fall etc. All the members are invited to grab this pportunity to escape from day to day outline life and enjoy the nature’s beauty. DEVGHAT : Just like any other waterfall or ghat in Gujarat, this ghat also has links to religious faiths. Located in the Surat district of Gujarat, this ghat falls in one of the dense forest reserves left(whatever is remaining) in the this state. Linked with the tribal gods residing besides this waterfall. One can reach here from Vadodara for a single day excursion or night camping. Nearest town is Umarpada, which is 10km offset on Dediapada - Netrang Highway. A small rusting board can been seen on the right hand of the single lane track leading to reserve entrance gate on Divtan side. It is a 7-8km trek from the entrance gate to the forest camping site. You can stay at forest camp site after advance booking from forest department, Surat. The camp site provides rudimentary accodomation in tents and vegetarian meals. The waterfall is only half a kilometer from the camp site. The reserve offers various trails with thick vegetation on either side. Local tribal’s often come this place to offer their pray and devotion to the god. There are two waterfalls at this ghat. First one is the wider of the two and smaller in height. After 300m of serpentine flow the river again falls in form of second waterfall. The first waterfall provides a good camping site just in front on the river bed. Monsoon is not the right season to go at this site as the trail from the entrance gate becomes knee deep muddy and slipper for vehicles. If you are planning to visit this place, October is good.The schedule for the trek will be as follows:
- Date : 25th October 2015 – SUNDAY
- Time : from 6.30 AM to 6.00 PM ( From BHARUCH to BHARUCH)
- Trek duration : 7 KM or 4 KM (As per participant choice)
- Registration Fee : Rs. 50/- which includes onetime light refreshment + Tea, Guide, Escort, Forest entry fee etc. Participant has to come with their own transportation, Breakfast, Lunch etc.
- Grade: Easy to very easy
- Programme : All participants are requested to report sharp at 6.15 at Shopping Center, GNFC Township, NarmadaNagar- 392015. Bharuch and please call on phone no. +919898097664 regarding your latest arrival time. If possible Tea & Light Breakfast will be provided at @ 8.45 AM on the way near to Umarpada. Will be having our FIRST TREK of 7 km (One way) from Divtan to Devghat Eco Camp site 9.30Hr. There will be a halt of 0.45 Hrs., and again will have SECOND TREK of 2 Km towards Devghat Waterfall. Lunch time will be @ 13.30 to 14.30 hr. near Devgaht Camp site, Return journey will be from Devghat Camp site to Umarpada Bharuch. ( Participant can go directly at Devghat Eco camp site through own vehicle and can have Trek of 2 ~4 KM trek there by paying necessary Vehicle entry fee to forest dept). We will be back to BHARUCH at 18.30 Hr. if all goes well.
ü Things to be carry along with you :
ü Minimum 1 to 2 liter water bottle / Water bag during Trek ( MUST)
ü Sun Glasses, Sun Cap, Sun screen lotion, Trekking / Walking Shoes with rubber soul is MUST you may use slipper (light loose soft indoor shoe)/sandals for walking in water.
ü Walking Stick if you need.
ü Salt, Lemon, Sugar boiled Confectionery, Chocolate, Fruits, Dry fruits etc.
ü Full sleeve Shirt, Jeans / Cotton Pant / Cotton Salwar Kurta etc.
ü A haversack to put in all the things to be carried.(Rucksack / Bag pack) so that one has ones hands free while trekking. Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
ü Swimming Costume / Short, Towel etc. for Bath in Water Fall.
ü Camera, Binocular etc. , Personal Medicine if required, Band Aid etc.
v IMPORTANT NOTE :
ð This is not a picnic or not an ordinary trip, its Trek and Adventure Sports activities and you are participating at your risk. It is ideal for those who travel to learn, grow and enjoy nature, not rest and shop.
ð Please note that this is an environment friendly trek. Do not litter any wrappers or spoil the trail in any way. In case you find any wrapper, plastic bag or anything left by others on the way , please carry the same with you and deposit at the base camp.
ð Use of alcohol‘s and Narcotics of any kind and Smoking are strictly prohibited during the programme.
ð We as the Organiser will take all the due precaution to see that no participant will physically damage during trekking but the ultimate responsibility is yours.
F For registration fee & other details, please contact us
YY YHAI BHARUCH UNIT members may please enquire to :
N NARESH S CHAUHAN ( In between 10 AM to 11.30 AM or 05 PM to 09 PM)
Hon. Secretary, YHAI Bharuch Unit (027-GUJ-042), B/8/03, GNFC Township,
PO. NARMADANAGAR - 392015. (Bharuch - Gujarat), Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : Internal (O) 2541 (R) 5675
: External (O) 662541 (R) 230664 (Mobile) 9898097664 - Whatsup no.